TOP 14 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TPE YOGA MAT
Here’s how Google defines the TPE yoga mat: It is mainly composed of Thermoplastic elastomers and other material closed-cell foamed under high temperature which makes it anti-microbial and easy to clean. This mat is Eco friendly with the characteristics of non-PVC, non-toxic, non-heavy-metals, and non-irritating odor.
TPE yoga mats account for a large share of the global market. Why is it such a best seller?
The main reason is that it’s far cheaper to make and has many of the same properties as rubber or even silicone. No matter from an ecological aspect or price, the TPE yoga mat is the best choice.
Why Use TPE?
Consumers are gradually turning to environmentally friendly products in their daily lives. TPE is recognized as an eco-friendly material and the most used material for yoga mats, which is characterized by very good resilience. The basic properties of this material make it a good yoga mat. When you walk, move, slide, and dig your hands into your yoga mat, you need something that is durable.
Most manufacturers and customers tend to choose TPE because it is much less expensive to manufacture and it has many of the same properties as rubber and even silicone.
TPE yoga mats are most popular in the United States, Europe, and China. Its market potential is huge due to its high performance and high environmental friendliness.
TPE yoga mat is the best choice in terms of environmental protection and cost-effectiveness.
What is the best material for a yoga mat?
When choosing a yoga mat, the material is the most basic choice. Why? Because the material will determine:
- The life of the yoga mat
- Whether the yoga mat is environmentally friendly
- Whether it can be recycled
- How well the mat grips when the surface is wet/dry
- How easy it is to clean the mat.
There are several options for yoga mat material. However, the most common materials are PVC, TPE, and natural rubber. Each of these has its pros and cons. If you’re looking for something with excellent traction and stability, you can choose rubber. But it’s not as easy to clean as PVC, and it’s very durable but less friendly to the environment. TPE is the closest thing to the best of both worlds.
TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) is a material with both “plastic” and “elastic” properties. In the world of non-natural products, it is often referred to as “synthetic rubber”. It is recyclable and reusable, and will not cause environmental pollution after being discarded. It is latex-free, PVC-free, and free of toxic substances. A yoga mat made of TPE material has good elasticity, good anti-slip effect, good toughness, strong tensile strength, and other characteristics.
TPE is a material favored by sensitive new-age yogis. It is the most versatile mat in our collection; the mat is very affordable without sacrificing quality. TPE yoga mats are considered to have the greatest market potential due to their high performance and environmental friendliness.
How to choose the thickness of the yoga mat?
Different thicknesses of yoga mats have different uses. A thicker mat can help improve your comfort and also protect your joints as it can help reduce the contact between your joints and the ground. The thinner the mat, the better your balance will be.
We need to choose the thickness according to our specific situation. For example, how long have you been studying yoga, what is the purpose of learning yoga? etc. If you want to improve your health, we suggest you choose a thicker one which can help cushion better. Because a thicker yoga mat can bring keen, elbow, and spine cushions, a thick yoga mat can help you better achieve the purpose of improving your health condition. If you are a professional yogi or want to improve your balance faster, we recommend you choose a thinner mat because a thinner mat can help improve your stability, which is very important in many yoga poses.
The thickness of the yoga mat is generally divided into beginners (6mm-8mm), advanced (3mm-5mm), senior (1.5mm-3mm).
Beginners (6mm-8mm): the most suitable thickness for beginners, thicker 10mm mat called fitness mat, yoga is a balancing exercise, the thick mat is not easy to maintain balance. This stage allows you to fully perceive the ground and give you effective protection.
Advanced (3mm-5mm): general rubber mats are of this thickness. They are less protective and should have a deeper sense of the ground.
Senior (1.5mm-3mm): thin yoga mat is not commonly used, mainly a foldable yoga mat that are easy to carry.
To sum up, a 6mm TPE yoga mat is the most suitable for beginners.
How to choose the size of the TPE yoga mat?
If you are fresh in learning yoga, it is recommended to choose a standard yoga mat (68 inches long and 24 inches wide), which is suitable for most people. If you are taller, you can choose a 71-inch, 72-inch, 74-inch, and 84-inch yoga mat that can be up to 30 inches wide. This site will provide you with enough space to stand and lie on your mat. You should note that the larger the size, the heavier it is and the less convenient it is to store and carry. The length and width you choose depend on your height and your need for comfort.
Why choose a non-slip yoga mat?
There is nothing worse than sliding around on a mat during class. When shopping for a mat, be sure to choose a non-slip mat that has a grip.
The more sticky or grippy the yoga mat is, the better, this will make you safer while practicing and help avoid skipping. And help you to easily change yoga poses such as balancing, resisting gravity, or some other movements. Therefore, most yoga mats have an uneven texture which will make your exercise safe and comfortable.
What price yoga mat should I choose?
The price of a yoga mat usually depends on the material, thickness, and other decisive factors, which have a great influence on the user’s practice. High-quality, patterned, antibacterial yoga mats are more expensive than basic, solid-color, and ordinary yoga mats.
Regarding price, willingness to invest in mats that provide you with the greatest benefit and value will bring returns. Over time, the higher initial cost of a well-made mat may be a better investment than a cheap mat or a mat that must be replaced frequently.
Why choose an Eco-friendly TPE yoga mat?
The main objective of practicing yoga is to feel a sense of centeredness. The choice of the mat can affect this feeling. Choosing a mat made of natural materials offers these additional benefits:
Eco-friendly yoga mats are made by environmentally conscious and socially responsible companies and entrepreneurs. They believe in the balance between nature and profit, transforming their products to advocate the use of organic and user-friendly materials that help protect the planet.
Sustainability and Longevity
Compared to synthetic plastic mats, eco-friendly mats may be more expensive, but the investment can lead to guaranteed longevity. The convenience of buying cheap PVC mats may come at the cost of your health and the environment. Frequent replacement means it may not be the best choice in the long run.
Practicing yoga with an environmentally friendly mat is a decision that affects your lifestyle, making you more aware of choosing happiness, kindness, non-violence, sustainability, and compassion. In essence, this is your first step towards a better world and planetary existence. Make the best choice for you and the environment.
How to extend the service life of a TPE yoga mat?
- Avoid exposing to sunlight or placing it in a humid environment when not in use for a long time.
- Avoid folding when not in use. It is better to roll it and put it into the yoga mat pocket (avoid bundling).
- Avoid using in a harsh environment. (Outdoor sand and gravel ground, rocky ground, muddy ground).
- Avoid placing heavy objects on the yoga mat for a long time.
- Have good maintenance.
How long does a TPE yoga mat last?
A TPE yoga mat can last from 1 to 3 years, depending on how often you use it and how you maintain it.
Is the TPE mat eco-friendly?
It is environmentally friendly and 100% biodegradable. It is also sweat-proof and easy to clean.
Should I use a TPE mat?
Of course, the answer is yes, if you practice regularly and want to practice most conveniently every day, choosing a TPE yoga mat is ideal.
Why use the TEP yoga mat?
- Integral molding
- Easy to store and clean
- Can be used on both sides.
- with soft, affixed features.
- Optimal cushioning and thickness.
- Super lightweight and easy to carry.
- Stable on both hard and soft surfaces.
- Great for protecting your joints and body.
- Repels moisture, bacteria, and odors, waterproof.
- Suitable for all yogis, from beginner to advanced.
- Low weight (approx. 1 kg) – easy to transport and carry.
- Strong texture, good rebound effect, soft and comfortable.
- Perfect gift for someone who is practicing yoga or Pilates.
- The front and back sides are two different colors, which add to the aesthetics.
- Double layer and two colors, non-slip on both sides, fashionable and beautiful.
- TPE is an eco-friendly material that can be recycled and reused. It has high strength and high resilience.
- In addition, it has good elasticity and strong resilience. Although it is only 4-6mm thick, it still feels soft and comfortable. It will not harden after a long time.
How to clean a TPE mat?
TPE is a fairly soft material and can therefore be sensitive to folding. So make sure you always roll your mat neatly and don’t put anything heavy on it to keep the shape of your yoga mat.
Use a vinegar solution (ratio 1:3) to clean your TPE yoga mat. Spray the mat and then wipe it off with a damp cloth or sponge. For more thorough cleaning, you can leave it for 5 to 10 minutes before wiping. Let the mat dry in the air, then roll it up and store it again.
How the yoga mat is produced?
1. Paste preparation: According to the recipe, select raw materials and mix into latex mixture
2. Machine commissioning and brushing slurry: including boiler worker heating up and preheating, area parameter setting and commissioning, relevant slurry, and mesh cloth machine in place
3. Brushing slurry: Before brushing slurry production, the mesh cloth is pulled tight and flattened to the needle track
4. High-temperature foaming: Through the needle, the plate will have brushed the size of the mesh cloth hauled to the greenhouse high-temperature foaming molding
5. Cooling and shaping: After the product is foamed and shaped, it is gradually heated out of the greenhouse and then cooled and shaped
6. Cutting: Adjust the distance of the tailstock and cut the material according to the order requirements.